Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Welcome to the adult world!

I have been with this incredible agency for a little over a year now, and it has tremendously opened my eyes to the professional world. The relationships, and dynamics, of a team is something that I can not describe simply by giving an explanation. I can not relate it to working with a group of people in college to secure a good grade in class. These relationships and dynamics are much more supportive, and you get back what you give. I would be lost without the advice, help, and friendship of some of my colleagues. Their passion for what they do is what motivates me in my role, both professionally and personally. Moving to a different city, several hundreds of miles away from friends and family, is needless to say difficult and frustrating. I have found it to be hard to balance the demands of my job and creating a social life outside of work. Of course, I have established friendships with my co-workers, but outside of work it's hard to find individuals who understand that I can't go out and drink every night, or just call off work to hang out. Also, I can't just blow my money on entertainment or trips. I have bills to pay and a retirement to save for! Welcome to the adult world! I must admit though that I love watching my 403(b) account grow, and paying off my debt! It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment